Introducing a framework for "Adaptive Career Design"
Why a career should not be considered an evolutionary process, that requires constant feedback in order to develop talent and skills, while fits in a even more liquid company culture? I'm introducing a conversation design tool that helps anyone involved in HR Management and Company Culture Management to have a powerful approach to career development.
Focused on transparency and motivation, has been designed to find and mutual support and commitments about evolutionary career paths. The Talent Canvas can be used to support hiring, career development, talent management and role transitions within a group or an organization
Start using the Canvas
Below there are all documents available to be printed and used for free. More will be added while development goes on. Feel free to download (subscribe to get updates notifications)
- Printable Talent Canvas, in A4 Format
- Printable Talent Canvas, in A3 Format
- Sample Questions PDF (COMING SOON)
- Getting Started Guide (COMING SOON)
- Agile Talent Development E-Book (COMING SOON)
The three layers of talent development conversation
- What about your job makes you jump out of bed in the morning?
- What makes for a great day?
- "I love it!" When was the last time you said this about your job?
- What are you passionate about?
What you don’t like too much
- What makes you hit the snooze button?
- There are duties that slow you down from improvement?
- What might entice you away?
Personal qualities as your greatest advantages.
Should includes: Experiences, Skills (also soft skills), Behaviours
- What are you really good at?
- In what you can enhance a team?
- What would your peers say makes you most valuable to them?
- What makes you stand out among your peers?
- What you can teach to your colleagues?
- What doesn’t work well if you’re missing?
Areas of Improvements
- Two most common objections you face (and how do you deal with them)
- In which role were you most disappointed?
- What are the most difficult decisions you need to take?
- In what skills you want to improve the most?
- What scares you about your job?
- For what our company will count on you for outstanding results?
- How better will be our team thanks to your support?
- What unique value we can gain because of you?
- What does growth mean to you?
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
Stuff and support you need to achieve better results. Could includes: Tools, Learning Path, Help and Coaching
- What would you get for your future career?
- What do you need to enhance your strengths ...
- ... and to overcome your weaknesses?
- What you’re missing in order to excel?
- What could unlock you potential?
- What are the broad responsibilities of your position?
- What will you do?
- What organisational functions will refer to you as Responsible?
- How does your role relate to the overall goal of our company?
- How can your activities increase our company’s top-line revenues?
- What are the tasks that slow you down?
- There are activities that make sense to delegate/de-centralize?
- What wouldn’t let us achieve the results we want together?
The so-called company's “role”. It can be your current role or what you may become within the organization. It’s could be written on you business cards.
Unique Value Contribution
A short and compelling statement about your uniqueness within the company.
It can be a slogan, a sentence, an High-Level-Pitch of your role.
Must be different from others people's UVC with the same job title.
Commitments that will be taken by both sides to address some of the above issues and purposes.
- How can we gain mutual advantages while working together?
Observable results about improvement, skills, behaviours and interactions within the company.
- How can we be sure we're both on a really growing path?
Acknowledgements + Inspiration
Thanks to the people who are already using the Talent Canvas to explore new possibilities. They’re collecting a huge amount of precious feedback to improve.
Thanks to Daniela, Matteo, Claudio, Giulio, Giovanni, Daniela.
Thanks to all people @ Graffiti + my co-founders @ Agile Reloaded.
Inspirations comes also from the following amazing sources (you should take a look):
Agile Talent Canvas by Marco Calzolari is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available from email@example.com.